Some of my "Heart" Work

Monday, March 23, 2009

What a Weekend!

Those that know me know that my life is always very interesting and no one describes me as "bored or boring"...but what a weekend we had! Exciting even for me.
We awoke Saturday morning to a chimney fire. Mike thought he had it pretty under control but they thing was just not going out so he decided to report it to the local fire department "in case" ..well I will spare you all the gory details but suffice it to say that the phone call was the start of a very long series of events best described by these few pictures.






Then- no sooner did we have that over with, and cleaned up I had a girlfriend over to scrap and within a very short time she fell ill. We were thinking we needed an EMT and ambulance but we decided her husband could take her to the ER instead so Mike and I were off to deliver her back home to get the husband and baby and trek to Peterborough Hospital. She was there a LONG time but we finally got word she was not having a stroke or aneurysm issue and she will be FINE. Good news there...

So, I did what any gal raised Catholic woulda done at that point- I headed to church and prayed that I would fall back into the Lord's good graces and this stress would end, adn my prayers may have been answered cause things did manage to improve from there. I got to spend the evening with two of my sister in laws, their husbands and family. We had an awesome spaghetti dinner and some real yummy strawberry shortcake for dessert!

Meagan spent the night so Mike and I came back home to do more clean up, squeezed in a movie and when we got up Sunday we headed to Patriot Place in Foxboro MA. It was OKAY, but we decided we'd try the Wrentham Outlet instead- glad we did! After an awesome lunch at Uno's we did some quick shopping and I came home with some goodies from Lindt, Coach, Reebok, Crabtree and Evelyn, William and Sonoma.....my kinda shopping trip. Then we hightailed it home to make it to my niece's b-day party for pizza and cake and more socializing with loved ones- so,...the weekend definately took an uphill swing from where it started. And,...with all that chaos I still managed to get a layout done. Whatcha think?


The colors and the "sparkle" from the fine glitter on the rela life layout is incredible - gotta get you all a better pic of this.

2 comments:

  1. WOW...that was a crazy weekend. I'm glad it picked up and most importantly that everyone came out OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a weekend!!! I love your blog, btw!!! You are way too hard on yourself!! I can't believe you got a layout done amidst all the craziness!! It is awesome!! Thank you for all your help over at AC Bailey!!! You are appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete