Some of my "Heart" Work

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Night Already??

Here is a pic of what I scrapped this weekend.







What? You see NOTHING?? Well, then - you got it! That is what I scrapped!
And, I cannot even explain why-I mean, I didn't sleep the last two days away or anything, but I didn't get anything on MY "to do" list done. I accomplished laundry, house cleaning, all the bathrooms are scrubbed, I cooked and everyone has been well fed all weekend - requiring 3 trips in 3 days to the grocery store. I saw Hunter on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My checkbook is balanced, my inventory updated, the new stuff for NEXT Saturday's crop is all priced and labelled, the tupperware cabinet organized, every room vacuumed. Meg's "to do" list is done (thank you Mom) and so is Mike's (thank you honey) and now I am BEAT and ready for bed, not my scrap space. Please tell me why the weekdays are SO long and the weekend days are SO SHORT. Anyway, we did get to open the windows and get some fresh air in here today- that always gives me spring fever and the sunshine was so nice, quite a welcome change.

I mentioned three trips to the grocery store earlier, the last one was just to grab more whip cream and another package of frozen veggies as more dinner guests were added. Well, I was so wishing I had my camera. While I was waiting in MY line, I was watching the folks in the next line over- first was a man, dressed in snowmobile boots and overall type snowpants- no coat, just shirt sleeves. Next was a woman wearing a suede and wool lined coat and her son was wearing shorts, sneakers and a T-shirt, then the gal behind them-college student perhaps, was wearing a big puffy down-like jacket with a hat and scarf (musta been real cold) except for her feet- she had on clunky leather sandals. She was buying lettuce and ice cream... funny huh?
And for me,...I was wearing jeans, a short sleeve top, a sweater, and my LIME GREEN flip flops!
Snow on the ground, my toes were kinda cold- but what the heck- don't believe me?...here's my "pic of the day" from the snowstorm we got last week.




Enjoy! Oh, and no comments about my ugly toes- they have been wrapped in wool socks for MONTHS and I KNOW I need a pedicure- this is New England after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment